Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we can expect from Bristol Rovers ⚽️🔵 07:54 - Sep 13 with 1150 viewsOsborneOneNil

I asked my good mate what we can expect for tonight, and does he like Joey Barton being their boss. He’s a season ticket holder at the Gas.

Morning mate.

I expect us to set up quite defensively and not be very expansive. We’ll likely play one up top and pack the midfield initially. We’ve been better when playing more attacking style this season but default seems to be very defensive initially.

5-3-1-1 or 3-5-1-1 most likely. Aaron Collins lively up top but young and raw. Marquis will work hard for little reward right up top. Evans and Finley good quality in midfield (although Evans has been alarmingly quiet so far this season).
We’ve been vulnerable at the back so wouldn’t be surprised to concede a few tonight!

And Barton - can’t stand the bloke. Have wanted him out since the day he was appointed and won’t be happy until he’s nowhere near my club! There is a real divide in the fan base but increasingly seems like those with my view are in the minority….

Hope that’s enough for ya Bro! Might watch on I Follow tonight if home duties allow…..👀
What we can expect from Bristol Rovers ⚽️🔵 on 10:31 - Sep 13 with 849 viewsclive_baker

Aaron Collins is a good player, 4 goals and 3 assists so far this season which is an excellent return. I mentioned on here yesterday he'll be known to Lee Evans, they both hail from Newport and made the same switch from Newport County to Wolves. Not at the same time, Collins is a touch younger but they were at Wolves together. Hopefully we do a job on him, he's a good finisher and decent with both feet. We can't allow him time on the ball. Like your friend I do like Evans as well, an attaking midfielder who brings a goal threat. They also signed Luke McCormick in the summer from Wimbledon, a good player and well schooled through Chelsea. He's not started for them yet, but I suspect that will change tonight. High energy, carries a goal threat too. He actually scored for them on loan the last time we played this fixture, a 2-1 Town win in 2021 und Lambert.

I take a lot of interest in Bristol Rovers as I worked for them some time ago, they're quite a functional side, they work hard, well organised and get the basics right, full of running and can score. But I would agree with your friend that they lack quality defensively, which their goals against is already reflecting.

Barton has put a lot of faith in the young players and to be fair to him I don't think he's been backed in the market as he would've liked, they've struggled at times to recruit but he isn't a bad manager by any means. I think they'll struggle a little this season though, perhaps bottom 6 or 7 beckons but hopefully enough to stay up. I think we'll put 3 past them tonight.

3-1 Town. A goal for Morsy tonight.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What we can expect from Bristol Rovers ⚽️🔵 on 10:49 - Sep 13 with 787 viewsitfcsuth

They've had a steady start to life back in League 1.

Have looked at their squad though and feel Barton is recruiting well, and building a decent enough squad for this level.

Aaron Collins getting the plaudits, but Antony Evans the real OTW for me in the side - long range shooter, set pieces very good.

Harry Anderson has done damage against us previously during his Lincoln days.

Liam Gibson was long linked with us and seems to be a real coup for Barton to get him at Bristol Rovers.

Other notable players to watch; Harvey Saunders & Luke McCormick (born in Bury St Edmunds - although spent his youth career with Chelsea).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024